Final Grades Submission
The Final Grades tool will allow faculty to push final grades directly from their Blackboard Grade Center into Banner. To create a consistent experience for students, they will see their final grades in their courses, as well as in RamPort.
After adjusting a few settings within the Blackboard Grade Center, faculty can now submit their final grades through Blackboard, pushing directly into Banner.
After submitting final grades in Blackboard, a second, optional check to ensure grades are submitted is available through self service. Login to RamPort, navigate to the Faculty Services or Advising tab, select Final Grades, select the appropriate term and course, and verify grades were submitted.
Entering final grades through self service is still available. Login to RamPort, navigate to the Faculty Services or Advising tab, select Final Grades, select the appropriate term and course, and input final grades one at a time.
Set the External Grade Column
- Navigate to the Full Grade Center in your Blackboard course.
- Choose your final grade column. Choose your total or weighted column, or create a new final grades column.
- Expand the drop down menu for the final grade column.
- Choose Set as External Grade. A green check mark will now appear to the left of the title
Set the Primary and Secondary Display
- Expand the drop down menu for the External Grade column.
- Select Edit Column Information.
- Expand the drop down menu and verify the Primary Display is either Score, Letter, or Percentage. Do not choose Text or Complete/Incomplete.These settings will not work with the Final Grades tool.
- The Secondary Display should be either Letter or None.
Do not choose Score, Text, Percentage, or Complete/Incomplete. These settings will not work with the Final Grades tool.
- Select Submit when finished.
Removing Preview User from the Grade Center
If you have previously toggled Student Preview, and your preview user is currently in your grade center, follow these steps to remove your preview user:
- Toggle Student Preview at the top, right hand corner of you screen
- Click on Exit Preview
- Choose “Delete the preview user and all data (Recommended)”
- Click Continue
You should now see that your preview user is removed from the grade center. You may now advance to the final grades tool.
Submit Final Grades
- Navigate to the Course Tools menu section.
- Select Final Grades
- The grades from the external grade column will now populate into the Final Grade column on this page.
- Identify failing grades and enter the date in Last Attendance Date under the respected column.
- For grades of Incompletes, delete the letter grade in the column for the selected student, and type in the letter “I” and add the grade for Incomplete Final Grade if they do not finish the course. Do not include the date for incompletes. The extension date is preset in Banner and fills in automatically.
- Select Submit when finished to send the grades to Banner.
Verify that the green bar confirming the submission appears across the top of the Final Grades page and that the Submitted column for each student is checked. If a red bar appears instead, double check that you have entered all grades for all students. If a failing grade was given, be sure to indicate Last Attendance Date.
If final grades were entered incorrectly, a Grade Change Request Form must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office. For questions regarding this form, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 325-942-2043.