Quality Enhancement Plan
Helping our students become career ready.
What is a Quality Enhancement Plan?
A QEP, or Quality Enhancement Plan, is a plan of action to improve student knowledge, skills, attitudes, values or behaviors, or to impact the student learning environment and student success.
SACSCOC defines the QEP as “an integral component of the reaffirmation of accreditation process and is derived from an institution’s ongoing comprehensive planning and evaluation processes. It reflects and affirms a commitment to enhance overall institutional quality and effectiveness by focusing on an issue the ‘institution considers important to improving student learning outcomes and/or student success (Resource Manual for The Principles of Accreditation: Foundations for Quality Enhancement, p. 58).
The QEP has the following characteristics:
- A topic identified through ongoing, comprehensive planning and evaluation processes
- Broad-based support of institutional constituencies
- Focuses on improving specific student learning outcomes and/or student success
- Commits resources to initiate, implement and complete the QEP
- Includes a plan to assess achievement
For more information on QEP, see:
- Resource Manual for the Principles of Accreditation, Section 7.2
- Reviewing the Quality Enhancement Plan, an Evaluative Framework