Welcome to Staff Senate
Mission & Purpose
The Staff Senate…
- conveys information and makes recommendations to the University President regarding interests and concerns of the Staff.
- fosters a spirit of a unified community by encouraging the exchange of ideas and concerns in keeping with the mission of the University.
- endeavors to keep the Staff informed and in turn keep the University President advised of needs and interests of the Staff on University issues and activities.
- seeks to promote a positive and collaborative work environment that is committed to assessing, prioritizing, and communicating staff needs.
- promotes the effective contribution of Staff expertise toward University goals and objectives for the benefit of the entire University community.
- is represented on University committees as deemed appropriate by the University President.
August 19, 2021
Phillip Nichelson, Dr. Crystal Kreitler and Dr. Kimberly Livengood have been selected to receive the 2020-21 Gary and Pat Rodgers Distinguished Awards honoring outstanding staff, faculty and administrators at Angelo State University.
May 20, 2021
Four Angelo State University staff members – Brittney Miller, Christopher Houston, Thomas Jones and Mark Rehm – have earned the 2020-21 President’s Awards for Staff Excellence, and another – Paul Hamilton – has received the annual Chancellor’s Colonel Rowan Award for Execution.
July 16, 2020
Don Cheek, Dr. Drew Curtis and Dr. Clifton Jones have been selected to receive the 2019-20 Gary and Pat Rodgers Distinguished Awards honoring outstanding staff, faculty and administrators at Angelo State University.