Mission & Purpose
The Staff Senate…
- conveys information and makes recommendations to the University President regarding interests and concerns of the Staff.
- fosters a spirit of a unified community by encouraging the exchange of ideas and concerns in keeping with the mission of the University.
- endeavors to keep the Staff informed and in turn keep the University President advised of needs and interests of the Staff on University issues and activities.
- seeks to promote a positive and collaborative work environment that is committed to assessing, prioritizing, and communicating staff needs.
- promotes the effective contribution of Staff expertise toward University goals and objectives for the benefit of the entire University community.
- is represented on University committees as deemed appropriate by the University President.
August 18, 2022
Angelo State University employees Tanner Bryant, Dr. Sangeeta Singg and James Reid have been selected to receive the 2021-22 Gary and Pat Rodgers Distinguished Awards honoring outstanding ASU staff, faculty and administrators.
April 25, 2022
Four Angelo State University staff members – Zachary Deere, Christabel Romine, Candace Aguirre and Amanda Ritchie – have earned the 2021-22 President’s Awards for Staff Excellence, and another – Jayna Phinney – has received the annual Chancellor’s Colonel Rowan Award for Execution.
August 19, 2021
Phillip Nichelson, Dr. Crystal Kreitler and Dr. Kimberly Livengood have been selected to receive the 2020-21 Gary and Pat Rodgers Distinguished Awards honoring outstanding staff, faculty and administrators at Angelo State University.