If you would like to give another individual access to your student records, you must create a FERPA/Proxy Authorized User from your secure RamPort account. This individual must have a valid email address.
Authorized User (Parent or Guardian)
Students must initiate the process to set you up as an Authorized User with FERPA/Proxy access. Once the student sets up your account, you will receive an email with further instructions. Access is NOT GRANTED until the Authorized User completes the instructions in the email.
Steps to set up a FERPA/Proxy Authorized User
- Sign in to RamPort with your ASU username and password.
- Click on the RAMS icon.
- Click the FERPA/Proxy tab.
- Click Add Authorized User to set up an account for a third party (i.e. Mom, Dad, Employer, Academic Advisor).
- Read the text on the page and make sure that you understand the implications and responsibility of granting a FERPA/Proxy Authorized User access to your records and information.
- Type in the required information including a valid email address for the Authorized User. This is not your email address. This email will allow the Authorized User to receive communications necessary to finalize the setup of their account access.
- Expand Authorized User to set up the relationship and description of your Authorized User. Be as specific as possible. Your user will receive an email and once he/she logs in to their secure account and submits the required information, your FERPA/Proxy is complete. At this point, ASU staff and faculty can discuss your educational and financial records with this user.
- If you want to grant additional online viewing access of bill, address, or tax information, choose the “Authorization” tab to select the information you would like them to view (if any).
- Once an Authorized User completes the steps in the email to set up their account access, they should use the Proxy Login to view any information that you have given them access to view. Remember that this is not automatic. The student must designate which items may be viewed by an Authorized User.