Student Video: How to Set Up FERPA/Proxy Access
Parent Video: How to Complete Set Up and Access Student Information
FERPA/Proxy-Access for Authorized User
If you would like to give another individual access to your student records, you must create a FERPA/Proxy Authorized User from your secure RamPort account. This individual must have a valid email address.
Steps to set up a FERPA/Proxy Authorized User:
- Sign in to your RamPort student account with your ASU username and password.
- Select the Rams icon located at the top right of the page.
- Choose the FERPA/Proxy Tab.
- Click on Add Authorized User to set up an account for a third party (i.e. Mom, Dad, Employer, Academic Advisor).
- Read the text on the page and make sure that you understand the implications and responsibility of granting a FERPA/Proxy Authorized User access to your records and information.
- Type in the required information including a valid email address for the Authorized User. This is not your email address. This email will allow the Authorized User to receive communications necessary to finalize the set up of their account access.
- Expand Authorized User to set up the relationship and description of your Authorized User. Be as specific as possible. Your user will receive an email and once he/she logs in to their secure account and submits the required information, your FERPA/Proxy is complete. At this point, ASU staff and faculty can discuss your educational and financial records with this user.
- If you want to grant additional online viewing access of bill, address, or tax information, choose the “Authorization” tab to select information you would like them to view (if any).