Your Gift Makes an Impact.
Making a gift to the Department of Visual and Performing Arts directly impacts students who major in the arts, as well as students from other disciplines who participate in the various artistic programs.
Your gift will contribute to:
- Uniforms and instruments
- Studio and technology upgrades
- Bringing guest artists to campus
- Student participation in national conferences
- <blockquote class="quote-block--simple"> <p> “Music is everything to me. I wouldn’t say I do as much as someone who is involved in everything on campus, but I try to put myself in everything the music program offers.”</p> <p class="blockquote-author"><strong><a href="/iamangelo/coulter.php">Coulter McWilliams</a></strong>, Class of 2023</p> </blockquote>
Department of Visual and Performing Arts Highlights
- The department currently boasts its highest-ever enrollment with 260 art, music and theatre majors.
- Choral ensembles have experienced a 66% growth and will perform at Carnegie Hall in New York City in spring 2024.
- The Ram Band has increased membership 50% from last fall, up to 158 members, and will march in the 2024 Rome New Year’s Parade in Italy.
- Mariachi Los Pastores launched in 2022 and has quickly established a strong community presence.
- Multiple ensembles have been added, including two new choral performance ensembles and a string ensemble.
- The ASU Symphony Orchestra is celebrating its 10th anniversary.
- Enrollment of art majors is up 27%, and the art program continues to offer varied exhibitions to the community.