Standards of Accreditation
Angelo State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Angelo State University.
- The SACSCOC website provides an overview of guidelines and resources.
- Within the website, the Principles of Accreditation outline the standards by which members are reviewed in accordance with the SACSCOC mission.
SACSCOC requires that each member institution reaffirm its accreditation every 10 years. ASU completed its decennial review in 2012–13.
ASU submitted its compliance certification, jointly authored by a committee of faculty and administrators, for off-site review in September 2012.
- 2013 Compliance Certification—Please note that you will be viewing PDF files of the report. The links embedded in the narrative are not operable.
- Off-site Committee’s Preliminary Findings.
ASU submitted its Focused Report in response to Off-Site Committee’s Preliminary findings as well as its Quality Enhancement Plan in February 2013.
- Focused Report—Please note that you will be viewing PDF files of the report. The links embedded in the narrative are not operable.
- ASU’s Quality Enhancement Plan
The SACSCOC On-site Review Committee visited ASU’s campus March 19–21, 2013. The findings of this visiting committee represent a preliminary assessment of the institution at this time; final action on the report rests with the Commission on Colleges. A copy of the entire report can be obtained from the institution.
Angelo State University has earned reaffirmation with no recommendations for improvement for its accreditation with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) following the December annual meeting of the accrediting body’s board of trustees. Click to view entire press release.
Director of Accountability