The Research Support Team of the Porter Henderson Library provides assistance consistent with the library’s Mission Statement to individuals who are attempting to locate information.
Assistance includes but is not limited to:
- identifying information resources that are relevant to the University’s curriculum and community,
- facilitating the University community’s access to information resources,
- educating University students, faculty, and staff in the use of information resources.
Research Support Team
- Mark Allan - Assistant Director of Research and Instruction Services
- Kimberly Wirth - Coordinator of Information Literacy/Research Librarian
- Joseph Pruett - Digital Repository Librarian
Information Literacy Instruction
What we recommend: flipped classroom style
Students complete video tutorials housed in Blackboard to introduce critical thinking about information and basic research skills followed up with an Information Literacy Session for active learning exercises using relevant search terms and resources.