Skip to Main content

Applying For Your Visa

You must have a valid visa in your passport to enter the United States.

Your visa is a permit stamped inside your passport by an official of another country’s consulate or embassy that enables you to enter that country.

A visa to enter the U.S. is only issued at a U.S. consulate outside of the United States. The most common type of visa issued for study in the U.S. is the F-1 visa. Students attending ASU should apply for an F-1 visa.

Visa Application Requirements

Visa Tips

Need Assistance?

Do you have a question or need help with the application process? Complete the International Studies Help Request Form and we’ll be happy to help you.