As we progress through our careers, we assume roles with more responsibility and increasingly greater challenges. Aligned with our university mission and vision, our academy programs will offer students, faculty and staff the opportunity to be well-prepared to assume positions of great responsibility.
Leader Development Programs
Faculty and Staff
This three-month program is designed to introduce leadership theories and models to Ram Fam participants.
- Leader Compass
- Principles of Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence for Leaders
- Leadership Communication / Feedback Essentials
- Transforming Conflict into Collaboration
- Building Your Leader Presence
This three-month program will provide experiential learning for juniors at ASU. Now accepting applications for Spring 2024.
- The President’s Competent Leader Model
- Leadership and Character
- Decision Making as a Leader
- Effective Leader Communication
- Managing Others
- The Ethical Leader
Supervisors – Coming Soon!
Emerging Leaders Program
This three-month program is designed to provide functional knowledge of effective leadership to those with less than three years of supervisory experience.
- Six Dimensions of an Effective Leader
- Emotional Intelligence
- Understanding Unconscious and Conscious Bias
- Leading with Your Strengths
- Developing Your Team
- Leading for Results
- Managing Conflict
- Leading Your Team
- Motivating Your Team
Students, Faculty and Staff – Coming Soon!
Our Values Initiative
The Our Values initiative is a six-month program designed to bring our values to life. Sessions will focus on each of our values, and guidance will be provided on how we can operationalize each of our values.
- Our Values: Where We Started and Where We Are Going
- Diversity & Inclusion
President’s Book Club
Here is what we are reading:
- “Multipliers” by Liz Wiseman
- “Simple Truths of Leadership” by Ken Blanchard and Randy Conley
Each month, the Texas Tech University System Office of Leader and Culture Development will provide free webinars for all ASU team members.
Podcast: “Creating Us!”
Each week, a new episode will be recorded, discussing a variety of current leader development topics and trends.
TTUS Office of Leader and Culture Development
The Office of Leader and Culture Development supports the values-based culture and leadership initiatives for the TTU System and its component universities.