Registered Student Organization Advisors
Become an RSO advisor.
An RSO advisor is a full-time, exempt faculty or staff member who assists in supporting the co-curricular learning environment through mentoring and role modeling for student organization leaders and members.
As an advisor, you should:
- Attend advisor meetings hosted by the Student Life office.
- Communicate with the Student Life office.
- Advise the organization and its officers on issues when they arise.
- Communicate with other advisors.
- Be informed about current RSO events.
- Understand the goals, mission, policies and procedures of the RSO and the university.
- Provide guidance.
- Assist in formulating short-term and long-term goals.
- Provide feedback for areas of improvement.
- Provide conflict/resolution assistance.
- Serve as a mentor.
- Set expectations with the officers.
- Meet with the officers regarding policies and procedures before signing documentation.
Have a clear understanding of the organization’s needs, strengths and weaknesses.