Skip to Main content

Financial Resources

Registered Student Organizations are supported by the Student Life office. It is our goal to ensure our student groups have the tools and knowledge necessary to lead an organization. Fiscal responsibility and financial literacy are significant components of this process. Below are resources and tips related to assistance with IRS, banking, and completing out forms. If their are additional questions and/or cannot find the information needed, contact our office for further assistance.

***This is general information over financial resources, and we do not take any financial responsibility.

Applying for Employer Identification Number (EIN)

The following information is general information over Employer Identification Numbers (EIN), content is taken from the Internal Revenue Service website. If there are any other questions not provided below with information needed, please contact our office or the IRS.

Creating a Bank Account

Before determining if your organization should set up a financial account, you are required to have an employer identification number (EIN). Once you have applied for an EIN, you will be able to open a bank account. This bank account is non-affiliated to the university. A bank account is required if the organization collects funds for dues or makes any type of revenue a bank account is needed.

Filling out a W-9 Form

Questions? Contact Us!

Student Life
1910 Rosemont San Angelo, TX
ASU Station #11027, San Angelo, TX 76909