Starting a New Student Organization
Forming a student organization is one of the many exciting ways to create a vibrant ASU.
We’re here to help you can make your organization successful. Before you begin the process of starting a new registered student organization, there are a few things to consider:
- Is the purpose of your proposed organization already being filled by another student organization? If so, please consider joining the existing organization.
- Does the proposed organization have sustainability, i.e., is there potential that the organization can attract new members on a yearly basis so that it can remain viable after the initial members graduate from ASU? If not, you may want to find ways to pursue your interests that do not involve creating a new organization.
- Is the membership willing to actively participate in the ASU student organization community and develop programs and events that foster relationships with the entire ASU campus and surrounding community?
If you really want to start a new organization, and its members make this commitment, then it is time to get started with the registration process!
Please complete a Student Organization Registration Form with the names of 5 interested students and one faculty/staff advisor.
- Please note these students must be in good standing, which is defined as being in disciplinary good standing and having at least a 2.0 GPA.
- Students designated as officers may not be current officers of other student organizations.
- Submit the proposed organization’s roster to email@example.com via email.
- Next, create and submit a student organization constitution. This will be reviewed, and some changes may be requested. View a Sample Constitution.
- Next, once the Student Life staff has reviewed and approved the Student Organization Registration Form and the constitution, both documents will be sent to the Student Government Association. SGA will review them and invite you to attend a senate meeting, then send a recommendation regarding approval to the Student Life Office.
Finally, Student Life will give a final recommendation on registration status.