If you are planning to take summer courses, lived on campus in the spring and have applied to live on campus in the next fall semester, you can apply for on-campus summer housing.
Summer housing application typically opens in April, and you can apply using the following steps:
- Apply for summer housing through MyHousing.
- Pay the $50 application fee.
Once you’ve applied, you will be eligible to request a roommate.
Free Summer Housing
We’re excited to offer free summer housing (yes, you read that right!) to students who meet the following criteria:
- Enroll in and complete six credit hours OR a four-credit-hour class (science class with lab) per summer term.
- Earn at least a 2.0 GPA each summer term of enrollment.
A limited number of free housing waivers are available, and consideration is made on a first-come, first-served basis.
Everyone participating in the free summer housing program will see a $650 charge added to their bill. This charge is temporary. We will conduct an audit once summer classes begin to verify enrollment in the required number of credit hours. Once we verify that you qualify for free summer housing, the charge will be removed from your bill.
Since charges are currently on your bill, you have two options:
- You may pay your entire bill and receive a refund for the housing charges once the fee waiver posts.
- Or you may choose to pay your bill, but exclude the room charge.
You do still have to pay the $50 Summer Housing Application Fee when you submit your application for summer housing.
If you drop below the six-credit-hours requirement after the fourth class day of the first summer term, you will not be eligible for free housing during the second summer term.
Questions? Contact Us!