Explore Careers and Employers
You may think that you’re the only one who doesn’t know what they want to do with their life. This couldn’t be further from the truth.
- Review the majors available at Angelo State (Academic Majors) and eliminate those that don’t match your values, interests, personality, and/and skills (VIPS). Counseling and Testing
- Read the course descriptions of the classes in each major you are considering. Do they sound interesting?
- Find out the career options associated with each major you’re considering. Visit What can I do with this major? for more information.
- Learn more about the careers that catch your attention. Check out these excellent Occupation Information resources and/or watch career videos by career title or by industry.
- Conduct informational interviews and ask to shadow them for a day or two.
- Volunteer in the industry to gain real life exposure and insight.
- Get a part-time in the field. Look for open on-campus jobs.
- Attend internship and job fairs to network with the employers and ask questions.
Once you’ve decided on a major, visit that department to declare your major and meet with an academic advisor.
Still Struggling or Need More Resources
Schedule an appointment with a career counselor who can help you evaluate the information you have collected and guide you through the decision-making process. Call 325-942-2255 or email email@example.com