Career Development for Veterans
Angelo State University has partnered with Purepost. Purepost enables any student Veteran to understand and articulate their military career in private sector terminology, while gaining guidance and assistance from the ASU Career Development office.
Job Search Resources
- Discover Criminal Justice: This website compiled a list of 101 criminal justice job resources.
- Military to Civilian Occupation Translator: This tool helps service members match military skills and experience to civilian occupations.
- Military Crosswalk Search: This tool searches codes or titles from the Military Occupational Classification (MOC) to find potentially equivalent civilian titles or occupations.
- RecruitMilitary: This website helps veterans reach their goals, whether in education, careers, business ownership or professional development training.
- Texas Veterans Commission: This group helps match veteran job seekers with the best employment opportunities available.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program: Some veterans may be eligible for employment if they meet the criteria listed on this website.
- Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (VETS): This organization offers support, advice and resources for job-seeking veterans.
- Zety Career Tool Box: Zety is a career site fueled by some of the best career experts and a community of 40 million readers a year.
Jobs & Networking
G.I. Jobs: This website contains job hunting tips and a list of veteran-friendly employers.
While on the job hunt, it often helps to have the right connections. Contacting these veterans organizations in our area may help you get one step closer to your next job.
Career Development Support
Visit ASU’s Career Development Office to:
- Complete an assessment test to discover occupations that interest you.
- Meet with a career counselor to go over your résumé.
- Get one-on-one assistance with your job search.