Conference assistants are involved in servicing the housing, meeting and recreational needs of conference groups within the residence halls.
The conference assistants will work under the general supervision of the Assistant Director of Housing and under the day-to-day supervision of an Area Coordinator.
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions.
- Prepares residence halls for the summer (distributes pillows, blankets, etc).
- Performs check-ins (inspects rooms, distributes keys and linens, prepares and processes check-in forms, etc).
- Performs check-outs (collects linens and keys, processes paperwork, inventories linens, damaged and missing items, etc).
- Checks meeting room set-ups. Delivers, sets up and removes audio-visual equipment when necessary.
- Assists custodial staff with housekeeping.
- Gives tours and serves as resource person for conference attendees.
- Assists groups during their activities, as necessary.
- Anticipates conference needs and problems. Takes or recommends action as appropriate.
- Enters detailed activity reports in daily activity log throughout each shift.
- Prepares residence halls for the approaching academic year (including the preparation of room condition reports).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are not currently accepting applications for Conference Assistants.