Digital Accessibility Certification Course
Monday, February 7, 2022 - Friday, March 4, 2022
This four-week online training course is open to all ASU faculty. The course is asynchronous and self-paced with weekly one-hour live sessions. If you can’t attend the live sessions, the recordings will be posted in the course.
Course Goals and Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the major types of disabilities, as well as the associated assistive technology and the strategies to develop usable content for each type.
- Apply digital accessibility standards to your course content.
- Apply the principles of universal design for learning to your courses.
- Develop an action plan specific to your courses to ensure that you meet state and federal digital accessibility requirements.
This course consists of four modules:
- Module 1: Introduction: Defining Accessibility, Applicable Laws, Assistive Technology and Types of Disabilities
- Module 2: Creating and Working with Accessible Material
- Module 3: Universal Design for Learning: A Proactive Approach
- Module 4: Checking Your Work