New Student Orientation
Check-in begins at 8 a.m. in the University Center. The welcome session begins at 9:30 a.m. Lunch will be provided for students and guests.
The event will end at approximately 5 p.m.
What to Expect
- Receive your class schedule and learn more about your academic major.
- Connect with over 100 registered student organizations, discover ways to get involved on campus, and meet other Ram Fam members.
- Learn about student support services and resources.
You can prepare for your future at ASU by taking care of several of these items before you get to campus for orientation:
- Log on to RamPort, our online student portal, and get comfortable with the environment. You should have received your log-in credentials from Information Technology when you applied to ASU.
- Check your @angelo.edu email address for important information and messages from ASU. This is the official email address ASU will use to communicate with you. You can access this email address through RamPort.
- Submit a photo online for your ASU OneCard, your official ASU identification card (you also have the option of taking a photo for your OneCard when you come to campus for orientation).
- If you plan to bring a vehicle to campus, purchase your ASU parking permit.
- Send your Evidence of Vaccination Against Bacterial Meningitis Form to the Registrar’s Office.
- Send all final transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- Double check the status of your financial aid by calling the Office of Financial Aid at 325-942-2246 or checking your account status on RamPort.
- Apply for housing. If you’ve already applied, you can access your MyHousing account throughout the summer to check for room assignment and roommate updates.