Digital Accessibility Certification Course
This four-week online training certification course is open to all ASU faculty. The course is asynchronous and self-paced with weekly one-hour live sessions. If you can’t attend the live sessions, the recordings will be posted in the course.
Course Goals and Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
Apply digital accessibility standards to instructional content.
Create instructional content that meets state and federal accessibility requirements.
Apply the principles of Universal Design for Learning to your courses.
- Evaluate your own course content to identify areas for revision.
This course consists of four modules:
- Module 1: Introduction: Defining Accessibility, Applicable Laws, Assistive Technology and Types of Disabilities
- Module 2: Creating and Working with Accessible Material
- Module 3: Universal Design for Learning: A Proactive Approach
- Module 4: Checking Your Work