Earth and Space Science Teacher Workshop
Friday, June 23, 2023 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Repeats daily (to June 23)
Offering 45 Teacher Development Hours
Our second Earth and Space Science Teacher Workshop on the ASU campus will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, plus one evening session.
Earth Science Activities
- Make daily weather observations using handheld anemometers and sling psychrometers.
- Build simple and inexpensive weather instruments to use in your classes.
- Learn to identify and interpret the formation of rocks, minerals and fossils — and bring home your own set of samples.
- Go fossil hunting.
- Help launch a weather balloon.
- Use kits to test water samples from the tap to the stream.
- Learn about the greenhouse effect and climate change.
Space Science Activities
- Attend a star party.
- Make astronomical observations using a wide array of telescopes.
- Build simple cardboard telescopes — and bring home glasses for you and your students to safely watch the upcoming eclipse.
The ASU Advantage
- Free housing in ASU residence halls
- Lunch provided daily
- Free 10th-generation iPad
- Free items to use in the classroom
- Guaranteed 30 teacher development hours, plus 15 optional hours (certificates provided)
Complete the registration form to save your spot.