Virtual Session: Designing a Compressed Course
As we gear up for the upcoming spring semester, we recognize that some of you may be considering the exciting opportunity of leading a condensed 3-week online course during Wintermester. This format offers flexibility and convenience for both educators and students, but it’s crucial that we maintain the high academic standards synonymous with higher education.
To help you navigate this challenge, the Center for Digital Learning and Instruction (CDLI) is excited to offer a 45-minute virtual live session that will equip you with the knowledge and tools needed to structure and design a compressed course that meets quality standards and ensures students achieve their learning outcomes.
- Understanding ASU Guidelines: Familiarize yourself with ASU’s policies and guidelines concerning credit hour requirements to ensure compliance and academic rigor in your condensed courses.
- Quantifying Instructional Hours: Learn how to calculate and align the total instructional hours for your course with the content coverage of a standard semester-long course.
- Upholding Learning Outcomes: Discover strategies to adapt and prioritize your course’s learning outcomes within the condensed format. Explore various teaching methods, interactive activities, and multimedia resources to engage students effectively.
- Thoughtful Assessments and Engagement: Gain insights into crafting assessments and assignments that evaluate student comprehension and measure course objectives. Learn how to promote active participation, foster discussions, and encourage collaboration in a condensed course.
- Harnessing Faculty Expertise: Reflect on your expertise and how it can contribute to the success of your course.
Join us for this live session to ensure that your proposed Wintermester courses not only meet the challenges of a condensed schedule but also provide a rich and meaningful learning experience for your students.
Register for the session to receive access info for the session. You are also encouraged to attend if you can’t attend live but would like a recording of the session.