The winner of ASU’s inaugural BizPitch student entrepreneurship contest were announced in April 2019 following the live finals event at the LeGrand Alumni and Visitors Center.
First Place ($2,500 prize) – J&J Tactical Solutions
- Justin O’Brien of Waxahachie, intelligence and analysis major
- Jesse Lee of San Angelo, civil engineering major
- Business Synopsis: “Developing the best equipment for the warfighter of the future.”
Second Place ($1,500 prize) – CLR Environmental
- Jamie Couch of Lantana, accounting/international business major
- Bailey Dominguez of El Paso, accounting major
- Colby Roach of San Antonio, finance major
- Brian Watson of Fredericksburg, accounting major
- Business Synopsis: “CLR Environmental’s primary goal is to provide a greener and cleaner remediation to oil spills.”
Third Place ($1,000 prize) & “Fan Favorite” ($250 prize) – The Maizey Co.
- Raelyn Hill of Pflugerville, graphic design major
- Business Synopsis: “The Maizey Co. is a home-based bakery under the Cottage Food Law, which allows the business to sell goods from home. Though specializing in cupcakes, The Maizey Co. also offers other goods, such as trail mixes, cake balls and much more.”