Angelo State University’s Master of Science (M.S.) degree programs in counseling psychology and applied psychology have been ranked among the best and most affordable in the nation for 2020 by multiple higher education resource guides.
ASU’s M.S. in counseling psychology degree is a 60-credit-hour program that can be completed in a hybrid online/classroom format. It prepares students to become licensed psychological associates or licensed professional counselors. It recently earned the following national rankings:
- PsychDegrees.org – No. 1 in the U.S. among the “10 Most Affordable Master’s in Counseling Online 2020”
- Intelligent.com – No. 13 and “Most Customizable” among the “Best Online Master’s in Psychology Degree Programs”
ASU’s online M.S. in applied psychology degree program requires 36 credit hours and can be completed totally online or in a hybrid online/classroom format. An undergraduate degree in psychology is not required for admission to the program. It recently earned these national rankings:
- BestValueSchools.org – No. 3 among the “Best Online Master’s in Psychology Programs”
- BestMastersPrograms.org – No. 18 among the “Best Online Master’s in Psychology”
- BestColleges.com – No. 22 among the “Best Online Master’s in Psychology Programs”
All the guides use similar criteria for their rankings, including accreditation, quality and length of program, tuition costs, online accessibility and school reputation. Data is primarily collected through the National Center for Education Statistics and school websites.
All of ASU’s online, on-campus and hybrid psychology degree programs are offered through the Department of Psychology and Sociology within the Archer College of Health and Human Services. More details are available at angelo.edu/psych.