EmployerASU Multicultural & Student Activities Programs (MSAP)
The Multicultural & Student Activities Programs (MSAP) provides student engagement, development, and support through the Ram Pantry, Homecoming, Registered Student Organizations (RSO), Multicultural Affairs, and other campus activities. The MSAP seeks a Diversity and Inclusion Leader who is self-motivated, creative, dependable, detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The candidate must be an excellent problem solver who can work with minimal supervision and maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive information. The student must have the ability to work harmoniously and effectively with students, parents, university personnel, and the general public in a fast-paced (and sometimes loud) environment.
- Provides front desk services with clerical office duties, including greeting visitors, answering telephones with proper etiquette, filing, stocking supplies, operating copier and fax machine, disinfecting/cleaning areas, organizing storage areas, processing letters/emails, take meeting minutes, running campus errands, data entry, and assisting with special events
- Assists with The Ram Pantry, RSOs, Greek Life, Homecoming, and Multicultural Activities with a particular focus on the promotion of activities
- Assists with inclusion trends research and development of monthly activities
- Assists with maintenance of the Center’s social media platforms
- Provides outstanding customer service, and appropriate information regarding our programs/activities
- Assists with checking in and out equipment to students from the Lending Library
- Presents information in a formal and informal setting to other students and visitors
- Explains policies and procedures regarding our programs/activities
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Ability to practice campus inclusion: treat visitors equally regardless of sex, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, background, physical ability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
- Fulltime ASU Student
- Appropriate semi-professional attire is required since we work in a centralized location and diverse population
- Ability to work both remotely and in the Center as needed
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to be flexible and develop solutions to problems
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Knowledge of technical skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher (or other creative design programs)
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and social skills
- Schedules that fit the front desk operational requirements and coverage
- Knowledge of the campus programs and policies
- Knowledge of the MSAP Programs and Activities
- Applicants must be eligible for work-study.
- 20 hours per week during office hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) with occasional evenings or Saturdays for special events.
- Must be enrolled in classes during the Summer, Spring, and Fall semesters.
- Preference will be given to candidates who will also be registered and willing to work during the Summer.