EmployerOffice of Student Affairs
The student office assistant is responsible for assisting the office coordinator with day-to-day office related tasks.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of secretarial and support tasks for the Dean of Students; assists in resolving problems and ensuring satisfactory customer service.
- Greets and assists students, faculty, staff, and other visitors; running errands; answers the telephone addressing callers in a professional, service-oriented manner; correctly and accurately routes calls; take messages and/or schedules appointments, as necessary.
- Maintains computer and hard copy department files in an accurate and timely manner; ensures adherence to records maintenance, confidentiality, and related practices and policies; tracks students in university databases while ensuring accuracy and completeness of the data; generates reports and outputs as needed.
- Assists with departmental events including greeting families and prospective/new students during Discover ASU events, New Student Orientations, etc.
- Assists with departmental programs.
- Assists with the creation of promotional materials; routinely reviews and updates social media sites with current information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
20 hours per week during office hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) with occasional evenings or Saturdays for programs/special events. Preference will be given to candidates who will also be enrolled and willing to work during the Summer. Both work-study eligible and auxiliary students are welcome to apply.
Interested students should submit a cover letter and resume to Ms. Nancy Vandiver, Office Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver in person to the office located in the Houston Harte University Center, Suite 112.