Office of Admissions
Must be a currently enrolled student at Angelo State University. Senior or graduate student in one of the following fields is preferred: Education, Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Communications. Candidate is subject to a criminal background check. Reporting to the Office of Admissions, but based on Lake View High School campus.
Purpose of this position is to be the liaison between Angelo State and Lake View, to assist in the development of a “College Possible” mentality and work to improve the number of Lake View students choosing to attend an intuition of higher education after high school graduation.
The applicant will be required to:
- Coordinate meetings with the ASU admissions counselor and Lake View teachers, counselors, PLC groups and students;
- Communicate with a diverse student population,
- Assist students with their college bound steps;
- Assist connecting teachers, counselors and students at Lake View with the appropriate Angelo State departments or resources for the students at Lake View.
- Maintain a consistent schedule at Lake View for higher visibility and better accessibility for assistance;
- Utilize Salesforce to document conversations and task ASU admissions staff on specific requests;
- Provide a report of activities completed on a regular basis.
20 hours per week. Monday – Friday, between 8:00 and 5:00. The position is based on Lake View High School campus.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver in person to the Office of Admissions in Hardeman Building, Room 100.