Angelo State University’s online Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) degree programs have been ranked among the best and most affordable in the nation for 2021-22 by multiple higher education resource guides, with the majority of the rankings landing in the top 10.
ASU offers an online M.S.N. degree with two specialization options. The M.S.N.-Family Nurse Practitioner program is for nurses with a bachelor’s degree (B.S.N.) who wish to become advanced family practice nurses. The M.S.N.-Nurse Educator program is for nurses with a B.S.N. who wish to teach nursing at the college level and/or at healthcare institutions.
Collectively, ASU’s online M.S.N. programs received the following national rankings:
- Intelligent.com – No. 5 and “Best for Primary Care” among the “Best Master of Science in Nursing Degree Programs”
- GradSchoolHub.com – No. 5 among the “Most Affordable Online Master’s in Nursing Programs”
- EduMed.org – No. 8 among the “Most Affordable Online MSN Programs”
- Intelligent.com – No. 9 and “Best Nurse Educator Track” among the “Top 50 Affordable Online Master’s in Nursing Programs”
Each of the two M.S.N. specializations have also received individual national rankings. The M.S.N.-Family Nurse Practitioner program earned the following rankings:
- Intelligent.com – No. 2 and “Best Value” among the “Top 50 Online Nurse Practitioner Master’s Degree Programs”
- BestValueSchools.org – No. 5 among the “Most Affordable Online Nurse Practitioner Programs”
- TheBestSchools.org – No. 11 among the “Best Online Nurse Practitioner Programs”
- BestMedicalDegrees.com – No. 12 among the “Top Affordable Online Nurse Practitioner Programs”
The M.S.N.-Nurse Educator program has earned the following national rankings:
- NursingProcess.org – No. 5 among the “30 Best Master’s in Nursing Education Online Programs”
- TopEducationDegrees.org – No. 6 among the “Top 20 Online Nursing Education Master’s Degrees”
- DegreeQuery.com – No. 9 among the “Best Online Master’s in Nursing Education”
- Healthcare Management Degree Guide – No. 11 among the “Top 25 Best MSN Nursing Education Degrees Online”
- MyDegreeGuide.com – Listed among the 30 “Best Online Master’s in Nursing Education Programs” (no specific rankings)
Additionally, ASU has been ranked No. 1 among the “Best 14 Nursing Schools in Texas” by BestValueSchools.org.
Each of the higher education guides formulates its rankings using similar criteria, including accreditation, academic quality, tuition costs, faculty credentials, student-to-faculty ratio, online learning technology, career placement and return on investment. Data sources include the U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics, school websites and other ranking entities like U.S. News and World Report.
All of ASU’s online and on-campus nursing degree programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and approved by the Texas Board of Nursing. They are offered through the Department of Nursing in the Archer College of Health and Human Services. More details are available at angelo.edu/nursing.