The Student Office Assistant is responsible for assisting the office coordinator with day-to-day office-related tasks.
- Performs a variety of secretarial and support tasks for the Student Affairs Staff; assists in resolving problems and ensuring satisfactory customer service.
- Greets and assists students, faculty, staff, and other visitors; runs errands; answers the telephone addressing callers in a professional, service-oriented manner; correctly and accurately routes calls; takes messages and/or schedules appointments, as necessary.
- Maintains computer and hard copy department files in an accurate and timely manner; ensures adherence to records maintenance, confidentiality, and related practices and policies; tracks students in university databases while ensuring accuracy and completeness of the data; generates reports and outputs as needed.
- Assists with departmental events including greeting families and prospective/new students during Discover ASU events, New Student Orientations, etc.
- Assists with departmental programs.
- Assists with the creation of promotional materials; routinely reviews and updates social media sites with current information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
20 hours per week, generally Monday through Friday with occasional weekend hours required.
Interested students should submit a cover letter, resume, and application (Download pdf application) to Ms. Nancy Vandiver, Office Coordinator, at email@example.com or deliver in person located in the Houston Harte University Center, Suite 112.