EmployerStudent Disability Services
- Assist a diverse student population with the process of applying for accommodations;
- Communicate and work with students receiving accommodations to schedule exams;
- Communicate and work with faculty members to schedule exam instructions, obtain and return exams in a secure manner;
- Use the AIM online system to process requests for administering exams for students with accommodations;
- Represent the Office of Student Affairs and Student Disability Services during recruiting events and student orientation programs, visiting with prospective students and parents regarding services offered;
- Represent the Director of Student Disability Services and the Office of Student Affairs at off-campus events as needed;
- Knowledge of and adherence to FERPA, maintain confidentiality of student information and all files pertaining to student disability services;
- Knowledge and use of Banner and/or self-service to track and report on students;
- Collaborate with faculty and staff across campus to identify reasonable accommodations for students;
- Assist in the planning, advertising and implementation of awareness programs
- Collaborate with various campus departments to offer sessions related to positive study habits, note-taking, test-taking, and other skills related to academic success;
- Research and become familiar with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the subsequent Amendment Act, and any legislation tied to the services offered through Student Disability Services;
- Operate a personal computer;
- Familiarity with and knowledge of various forms of assistive technology;
- Other duties as assigned.
20 hours per week, generally Monday through Friday with occasional weekend hours required.
Interested graduate students should submit a letter of interest and a résumé to: email@example.com or deliver in person to the Office of Student Affairs, located in the Houston Harte University Center, Room 112.