EmployerRam Radio - Department of Communication & Mass Media
This is a graduate assistant position. Must be enrolled as a graduate student at Angelo State University to apply to this role. All these duties are applicable to this role.
Some of your time will be split between working at the Ram Radio studio (Library, Suite 306B) and working at live remotes events on and off campus.
Duties can include but are not limited to:
- Recruiting students to join Ram Radio
- Involved in the interview and hiring of students for Ram Radio.
- Train current and new employees on all aspects of a radio’s broadcasts.
- the ability to follow detailed, complex instructions;
- the ability to work in a self-directed manner;
- strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- cultural competency and a commitment to the values of diversity and inclusion;
- proficiency with Mac OS X;
- proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
- proficiency with Adobe Audition
- updating Social Media
- equipment set up and post-remote equipment tear down.
- station board operator
- soundboard sound operator
- directing various live remote events
- host interviews
- No experience is necessary, but preference will be given to students who have taken (COMM 2366) Audio Production, plus have an interest or background in audio and radio production. Also, be enrolled and willing to work during this summer.
Up to 17.5 hours per week Monday through Sunday, as needed.
Send application to email@example.com or come by the Ram Radio studio (Library, Studio 306B) to fill out an application.