More than 700 Angelo State University students are scheduled to walk the stage during two fall commencement ceremonies on Saturday, Dec. 16, in the Junell Center/Stephens Arena, 2235 S. Jackson St.
ASU graduates are slated to be presented with 265 master’s degrees and 444 bachelor’s degrees during the ceremonies that are scheduled for 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
The 10 a.m. ceremony will feature gradates of these colleges:
- College of Education
- College of Science and Engineering
- Norris-Vincent College of Business
- College of Graduate Studies and Research in the education, science, engineering and business fields
The 1 p.m. ceremony will feature graduates of these colleges:
- Archer College of Health and Human Services
- College of Arts and Humanities
- College of Graduate Studies and Research in the health, human services, arts and humanities fields
The doors to the Junell Center will open one hour prior to each ceremony. The ceremonies are open and free to the public, and may also be viewed live on the ASU website at angelo.edu/commencement.
The commencement ceremonies will highlight two days of graduation-related events at ASU. On Friday, Dec. 15, at 6:30 p.m., the Nursing Department will conduct the annual Pinning Ceremony for its graduates in the Houston Harte University Center. Nursing pinning ceremonies became a U.S. tradition in the early 1800s to mark students’ completion of their education and entry into the profession.