Discover Greece and Italy
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to visit, observe and study the education systems in Greece and Italy. Throughout your time, you’ll visit elementary and secondary schools in both countries, as well as the Reggio Emilia National Institute in Italy.
The trip includes stops in:
- Athens, Greece
- Paros, Greece
- Santorini, Greece
- Sorrento, Italy
- Rome, Italy
- Florence, Italy
- Bologna, Italy
- Reggio Emilia, Italy
- Venice, Italy
- Milan, Italy
Italy is a world leader in developing effective instruction for preschool and primary students through the Reggio Emilia approach. This approach includes an emphasis on respect, responsibility and community. Instruction is based on the interests of children and a self-guided curriculum. The neighboring country of Greece provides contrast of teaching and learning in a country plagued with economic problems.
During your time in these countries, you will:
- Interact with students, teachers and administrators.
- Study classroom settings in Greece and Italy in contrast to the United States educational system.
- Learn how student needs are met in foreign classrooms with various teaching strategies.
- Attend seminars facilitated by ASU faculty.
- Study the teaching practices, student services and curriculum aspects provided in
Greek and Italian schools.
- Visit places of historical, literary and cultural significance.