To participate in one of ASU’s distance education programs, you need this technology:
- A computer! Make sure your operating system is up to date.
- The latest version of your web browser
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Your instructor may ask you to use Zoom or an online conferencing tool.
- High speed internet access - We recommend having an Ethernet cable since wireless connections can drop.
- Webcam - Some programs may require a USB plug-and-play camera, not just the one in your laptop.
Just as a heads up, you will be using Blackboard for all of your classes. This is the tool where your instructor will provide most everything you need to complete a course. You will use it to talk with classmates, take tests, check grades and more.
You can use Blackboard through your web browser or download the app to your phone.