Greek Life Funding
The Greek Life Fund (GLF) provides Angelo State University social Greek Chapters access to financial resources so that they can provide programs and activities for the campus community. GLF is primarily intended for those chapters that do not have access to funding from other campus departments or programs. GLF provides funding for activities that are over and above the routine needs of each chapter as it is reasonable to expect chapters to pay for their basic expenses through dues, donations, fund-raisers, and other methods of self-support.
The GLF program is designed to assist chapters in the following areas:
- Sponsoring programs that enhance the social, recreational, and/or academic aspects of campus life, and
- Participating in endeavors that contribute to the leadership or professional development of organization members.
After a Greek Life chapter receives approval for a GLF Application for Travel. A travel packet is due 2 weeks prior to when funding is needed. The majority of travel forms are available on the Travel Office webpage all other forms are linked below.
Request to Greek Council
- GLF Application
- Student Activity Release Form (This form should be used when students are participating in or traveling to University sponsored events or activities.)
- Student Driver Acknowledgement Statement (This form should be used, in addition to the Student Activity Release Form Travel by Private Vehicle, when a student is driving a personal or privately owned vehicle to University sponsored events or activities.)
After approval of Greek Council
- Travel Authorizations Request (Note: Advisers must sign this request)
- Student Group Travel List
- Student Group Travel Form
- Student Activity Release Form Travel by Private Vehicle (This form should be used when students are riding or driving in a personal or privately owned vehicle to University sponsored events or activities.)
- Adviser Memo if not attending trip. If your adviser is not attending the trip, they need to fill out this memo to be included in your packet.
- McNally Mileage Calculator. Please print off the mileage page and include this in your packet. (Mileage should be at $0.25 per mile when calculating costs for TAR or GLF app)
- Include any and all supporting documents (Hotel Reservations, Confirmation of registration payments, etc.)
- Student Travel Profile (Note: Only if traveling by Air)
Upon returning from a student trip student organizations have 2 weeks to submit the Student Travel Expense Report, appropriate receipts and remaining funds. (Note: Advisers must sign this form.)
All information pertaining to Greek Life Funding is available in the GLF Tab.