ASU Awards Inaugural UIL Scholarships
Angelo State University has awarded its inaugural UIL Scholarships to eleven incoming freshmen for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The scholarship program was established to provide financial assistance to students that attend ASU from UIL Region 2 Conference 1A high schools. Angelo State University has had the privilege to host the UIL Region 2-1A Regional Spring meets since 2015. The UIL Spring Meet events include golf, tennis, track and field, one-act play and the academic contests.
$1,000 scholarships have been awarded to:
- Christina L. Faries, from Coleman, a graduate of Panther Creek High School;
- Brycen D. Gartman, from Cherokee, a graduate of Cherokee High School;
- Yajaira Gonzalez, from Ackerly, a graduate of Sands High School;
- Ana S. Hayes, from Del Rio, a graduate of Comstock High School;
- Gisselle L. Lujan, from Marfa, a graduate of Marfa High School;
- Christy M. Montes, from Garden City, a graduate of Garden City High School;
- Tori R. Morrison, from San Saba, a graduate of Cherokee High School;
- Andrew B. Ochello, from Del Rio, a graduate of Comstock High School;
- James T. Ochello, from Val Verde, a graduate of Comstock High School;
- Miguel A. Padilla, from Pecos, a graduate of Buena Vista High School;
- Zachariah J. Shipman, from Paint Rock, a graduate of Paint Rock High School.
To be eligible to apply for the UIL Scholarship, students should: 1) be admitted to ASU as a degree seeking student; 2) have graduated from a high school that falls under UIL Region 2 Conference 1A; 3) have completed the General Scholarship Application.
For more information about scholarships at ASU visit the Scholarship Programs website or contact the office by phone: 325-942-2777; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or in person: Hardeman Student Services building, room 212.
Scholarship Opportunities for State Qualifiers
The Texas Interscholastic League Foundation (TILF) is one of the truly unique and special aspects of UIL participation. TILF is a non-profit organization that solicits and disburses scholarships to deserving UIL Academic participants attending an accredited college or university in the state of Texas. Since its inception, TILF has awarded more than $30 million to UIL participants, with current scholarships ranging from $500 to $20,000. Visit the TILF website for more information and to apply.