Explore Careers and Employers
You may think that you’re the only one who doesn’t know what they want to do with their life. This couldn’t be further from the truth.
We understand that deciding isn’t always easy. In fact, it can be extremely frustrating. However, your Career Development staff and UpperCampus is here to help.
UpperCampus is a career exploration platform for students interested in exploring different career paths, different job functions, and different companies that operate in their industries of interest. The student app is designed to allow students to easily set up a profile, receive relevant stories based on their interests, and search, explore and save interesting content. UpperCampus bridges the gaps that exist between the student trying to learn about possible career paths, the schools that will help prepare them for that career, and the employers that are looking to hire great talent.
Additional Explorations Tips
- Review the majors available at Angelo State (Academic Majors) and eliminate those that don’t match your values, interests, personality, and/and skills (VIPS). Counseling and Testing
- Read the course descriptions of the classes in each major you are considering. Do they sound interesting?
- Find out the career options associated with each major you’re considering. Visit What can I do with this major? for more information.
- Learn more about the careers that catch your attention. Check out these excellent resources and/or watch career videos by career title or by industry.
- Conduct informational interviews and ask to shadow them for a day or two.
- Volunteer in the industry to gain real life exposure and insight.
- Get a part-time in the field. Look for open positions here.
- Attend internship and job fairs to network with the employers and ask questions.
Once you’ve decided on a major, visit that department to declare your major and meet with an academic advisor.
Still Struggling or Need More Resources
Schedule an appointment with a career counselor who can help you evaluate the information you have collected and guide you through the decision-making process. Call 325-942-2255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org