An essential part of your college education is getting work experience in your major or primary field of study. Internships help you build your résumé, get your foot in the door, make contacts, develop new skills, and earn a little money while you’re at it.
Top 4 Resource Picks
Internship Search Engines
Tips and resources for finding and making the most out of an internship in Big Data.
Internships from top employers
Internships and Entry Level Jobs
Internships, volunteer work, and work opportunities for college students and graduates.
A collection of internship programs
General internship information
Sales and management internship
Celebrity marketing internships
Active internship programs throughout the year for qualified applicants seeking experience in the health and fitness industry
Animal Operations Internship
Work at Walt Disney World theme parks and resorts, take classes that could earn you college credit, learn transferable skills and gain real-world experience.
Accepts a wide range of majors and offers a variety of program lengths
Multinational leadership training program
Event-based marketing services company
Summer internships are available in animal care, education, summer camp management, data collection and management, marketing/PR and horticulture.
Car dealership summer internships
Sales/customer business development
Wildlife refuge (exotic cats)
Government Agencies (& Related)
Conservation and Land Management internship program
Internship, Co-op programs, Laboratory internships and Volunteer internships
Middle Eastern foreign language honors internships
National health care improvement internships
Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
Internships and employment
Internships available for students of all college levels
Domestic and overseas internships
Internships, Employment opportunities and Research grants
Internship placement program
L.E.A.D. Program (Learn, Explore, Achieve, Discover)
- Jobs4Rams contains current internship postings, as well as those for full-time and part-time jobs.
- Visit with Career Development staff the help you create your résumé and cover letter.
- Use all the resources available to you: the Career Development staff, job fairs, professional organizations, and your personal network.
- Remember that many summer internships are posted and filled the prior fall semester, so don’t procrastinate.
Possible College Credit
- An internship typically lasts for a few months in the summer or can have a six-month duration that takes the place of a fall or spring semester.
- Some internships may count toward university credit.
- However, students should contact their academic department prior to starting an internship, so that all applicable paperwork can be correctly filed.
- Students may need to register for a course at ASU during the time they are participating in the internship.