Advising for the spring semester begins on Monday, October 14! Keep an eye on your email for a link to schedule your appointment!
Registration begins on…
- Nov. 7 for seniors (90+ hours)
- Nov. 11 for juniors (60+ hours)
- Nov. 13 for sophomores (30+ hours)
- Nov. 15 for freshman (less than 30 hours)
- Nov. 18 for new and returning admits
Advising appointments are necessary for every student at the university, and the Norris-Vincent College of Business offers specialized, professional advising services through the Center for Student Succes.
What to Expect
Our professional advisors meet with each of our students at least once a semester for advising appointments. In these appointments, the student and the advisor discuss:
- General well-being and the student’s life
- Academics and grades
- Classes for the upcoming semester
- Academic resources
- Prerequisites and degree checklists
- Any questions the student may have
You can make the most out of your advising appointment by reviewing your major’s degree checklist and writing down any questions beforehand.
Know Your Right to Privacy
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) governs the release of and access to student records. Advisors can only speak to the student about the student’s records - regardless of the student’s age or who pays the student’s bill. Students can add a parent/guardian as an Authorized User and give Proxy access through RamPort.