Final Grades FAQ
When do I need to include a Last Date of Attendance?
You must enter a Last Date of Attendance for any student who receives an F.
The date must be entered in the following format: MM/DD/YYYY.
Last Date of Attendance for non-traditional terms
A last date of attendance must be entered in the respected column for all failing grades (F).
If a student never attended the course (or never accessed Blackboard), the first day of the term should be entered as the last date of attendance. For this scenario, faculty teaching an 8 week course or mini-mester that began before the full, regular term should enter the first date of class for the regular term (for Fall 2018, this date is 08/27/2018). Then, to correct the date, send an email to Rosalinda Castro with the student information, or contact Rosalinda at 325-486-6724.
How do I report attendance for a T-section?
Previously, those teaching for T-sections were required to report attendance for all students. This rule has since changed with the Registrar’s Office, and attendance is no longer required for T sections. If you have any questions regarding attendance with T-sections, please contact the Registrar’s Office at the information below:
What is considered “attendance” for online courses?
According to the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 34, Part 668.22, distance education attendance is defined as:
- Physically attending a class where there is an opportunity for direct interaction between the instructor and students.
- Submitting an academic assignment.
- Taking an exam, an interactive tutorial or computer-assisted instruction.
- Attending a study group that is assigned by the institution.
- Participating in an online discussion about academic matters.
- Initiating contact with a faculty member contact with a faculty member to ask a question about the academic subject studied in the course.
Attendance DOES NOT include:
- Living in institutional housing.
- Participating in the institution’s meal plan.
- Logging into an online class without active participation.
- Participating in academic counseling or advisement.
For more questions regarding attendance, please contact the Registrar’s Office:
How to I remove my Preview User from the Grade Center?
If you have previously toggled Student Preview, and your preview user is currently in your grade center, you must remove your preview user before submitting final grades. Follow these steps to remove your preview user:
- Toggle Student Preview at the top, right hand corner of you screen
- Click on Exit Preview
- Choose “Delete the preview user and all data (Recommended)”
- Click Continue
You should now see that your preview user is removed from the grade center.
*See Figures 1-3, below
When are my grades due?
The final grading deadline for traditional terms is typically the Monday after classes are concluded (Fall, Spring, Summer I and II semesters). If you are teaching in a non-traditional term (1st 8 weeks, 2nd 8 weeks, mini-mesters, etc.), please contact the Registrar’s Office to determine when your final grades are due.
Where do I find a Grade Change Request Form?
The Grade Change Request form linked at the top of the Faculty page in RamPort. For assistance filling this out, please contact the Office of the Registrar at the information below:
Can I change a grade once I click submit?
The Registrar rolls grades into history at:
- 8 a.m.
- 12 noon
- 2 p.m.
- 5 p.m.
- 10 p.m.
If you submit grades before one of the times listed, you are able to change the grade in Blackboard and re-submit; however, if the time has passed, a Grade Change Request Form must be sent to the Registrar’s Office.
For example, if you submit grades at 7:30 a.m., you have 30 minutes to change the grade. If 8 a.m. rolls around, a Grade Change Request form must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office.