Angelo State University facilities constitute a significant resource for the state, and as such, there is a requirement to account for the use of our space.
We pair with other departments on campus to maintain an accurate Inventory of ASU facilities and provide a reliable reporting system to file essential annual reports to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).
These reports are important factors in the determination of Higher Education Assistance Funding (HEAF) and serve as principal considerations for capital project approval.
- Facilities Management submits facilities inventory reports (CBM011, the room inventory report and CBM014, the building inventory report).
- The Building Inventory Report collects and submits data regarding facilities under the jurisdiction or control of the institution’s governing board, regardless of location and encompasses different types of structures.
- The Room Inventory Report collects and submits data regarding types of space within a building and its intended design function.
- Registrar’s Office submits report (CBM005) that collects data reflecting building/room assignments and class schedule as of the 12th class day of the fall semester only.
ASU certifies the facilities inventory each year in a submission to the THECB. Space Planning and Utilization uses the annual unit Space Representative Reports to validate the accuracy of facilities inventory information.
Facilities inventory changes occurring throughout the year must be submitted to the Space Planning Coordinator on a Space Allocation and Alteration Request Form (SAARF).
Types of changes to report when they happen:
- Change in space manager
- Change in tenant
- Change in predominant function of space
- Structural change
- Technology/equipment changes
For more information, please see the link for helpful terms and definitions, as well as an informational power point presentation.