Process for Checking out Keys
If you need keys to your office or other ASU rooms on and off campus, follow these instructions.
How to Check Out Keys
- Pick up the Angelo State University Key Authorization Card from your department (your department should have several copies, but you can pick up a card from the key shop if they have run out).
- Fill out the form with your information (located on the front of the card), which keys you need (located on the back), and ask your Department Head to date and sign the card (located on the front).
- If you don’t know the key number you need (check with your department’s office coordinator), you can fill out the building and room number.
- Bring your completed card to the key shop (located in the Facilities Management Building) with a photo ID and you will be given your keys.
- We recommend that you keep your keys on the ASU key chain (provided to you with your keys).
Frequently Asked Questions
If I’m a full time employee, how do I check out a master key?
Instead of the white card, fill out the red key card, found at the key shop (they can also campus mail the form to you). Usually only Department Heads and VP’s receive master keys.
Where is the key shop located?
To the left, past the secretaries in the main Facilities Management Building (on the east side of Jackson).
Can student non-workers check out keys?
Some students, who are not working for ASU, may check out keys but they must get approval from a Department Head. For example, student officers in some organizations may need keys.
What happens if I lose my keys or I forget to turn in my keys before leaving ASU?
Follow the instructions on the Control and Issuance of Keys Operating Policy.
Can student workers check out master keys to buildings?
No, only full time employees can check out master keys.