Student Stafford Loan Application Process
Angelo State University participates in Direct Lending. All Stafford Loan borrowers must complete the https://studentloans.gov process when a Stafford Loan is awarded.
- Student receives Stafford award notification from Angelo State University.
- Student enters online acceptance of the Stafford award via Rams or RamPort.
- Student allows two business days for the Financial Aid Office (FAO) to transmit the Stafford loan certification to https://studentloans.gov.
- Student accesses https://studentloans.gov using the students verified FSA ID (Username & Password) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and completes the entrance counseling and a master promissory note (MPN).
- Student prints any confirmation pages for future reference.
- Student allows two business days for the MPN confirmation to be uploaded by the school.
If any questions arise during the completion of the https://studentloans.gov process, please contact the Department of Education’s Applicant Services at 800-557-7394.