The ASU Blue and Gold Guarantee program was introduced in 2008. This program covers the remaining balance of any tuition and mandatory fees that are not covered by other gift aid programs (grants, scholarships, exemptions and/or waivers) received by the applicant. The program does not cover room, board, books, supplies, or miscellaneous charges including parking fees, installment plans, and other fees.
To maintain financial support over the course of eight consecutive long semesters, individuals accepted into the program must meet and maintain published financial aid criteria and demonstrate satisfactory academic progress as an undergraduate student.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Admitted to Angelo State University by May 1
- Be a Texas Resident as determined by the ASU Admissions Office according to state guidelines
- Entering college as a first-time freshman. Any normal advanced placement or dual credit that counts towards the ASU degree, as well as community college courses taken in the summer between high school graduation and ASU enrollment, will not prevent consideration of applicants as first-time freshmen.
Students accepted as incoming transfer students are not eligible for the program.
- Submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by May 1
- Must have a combined family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $40,000 or less Family AGI is determined annually by the dependency status of the applicant based on information entered on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Dependent applicant – parent and student combined AGI.
- Independent applicant – student and spouse (if applicable) combined AGI.
- Must be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant Program as determined by the information on the FAFSA according to federal guidelines
- Must complete all admissions requirements and be admitted by May 1 preceding the application period
- Must complete all financial aid application requirements by May 1 preceding the application period
- Receipt of a valid (not in reject status) Student Aid Report (SAR) – electronic output information from the federally processed FAFSA
Receipt of ALL required verification documents if selected for verification by the federal processor or the ASU Financial Aid Office including but not limited to:
- Completed and signed Verification Worksheet (VW)
- Signed copy of the student and spouse (if applicable) income tax transcript
- Signed copy of the parent(s) income tax transcript
- Completed and signed Statement of Income and Expense form (if requested)
- Requested documents to explain any individual circumstance
- Dependency Change Request Form – including supporting documentation
- Special Circumstance Form – including supporting documentation
- Must enroll in and maintain a minimum of 12 semester credit hours through the official census date (12th class day) of each semester