Alumni and friends give back to ASU for a variety of personal reasons. Alumni, for example, often want to give back to the university that had such an impact on their lives and careers. Individuals from the community might give because they want to make a difference in a student’s life, in a program or by supporting the university president’s goals. Some families may want to leave a legacy by naming a facility, program or scholarship. Whatever the reasons, donors want to see their gifts make a significant contribution to the lives of the students, faculty, programs and university they support.
ASU donors are often motivated because:
- The university had an impact on their lives, and they want to give out of gratitude and to ensure that other students get the same quality education they received.
- They want to make an investment in students’ lives by supporting scholarships, programs, travel and study abroad, and athletic teams.
- They want to make an investment in programs at the university that will benefit the surrounding community.
- They see the strengths of the university and want to make an investment in the future.
Ways to Give
Gifts to the university are tax-deductible through the ASU Foundation. Major gifts can be structured in one of the following ways:
- Gift of cash
- Gift of appreciated securities
- In-kind gift
- Multi-year pledge. This type of commitment is generally made over a period of three to five years.
- Other creative planned giving methods for designing unique partnership opportunities, which university representatives would be pleased to discuss with potential major donors.
We look forward to working with you to establish the criteria that will meet your philanthropic objectives.
Contact: Jamie Akin, firstname.lastname@example.org, 325-486-6593