Mental Health Emergencies
Contact the University Police immediately at 325-942-2071 so that a counselor can be paged, or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
Health Services Access: If you paid the Medical Services Fee, you are entitled to use the services of the Center for Counseling.
The University Health Clinic and the Center for Counseling Services are jointly based in the clinic facility on Johnson Street south of the Office Annex Buildings. Both entities provide confidential services to ASU students who have paid the current Medical Services Fee.
The Campus Clinic hours are MON to FRI, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
For all Things Relating to the Center for Counseling Services call 325-942-2371.
Other Mental Health Resources
- Tom Green County Sheriff’s Office: 325-655-8111
- San Angelo Police Department: 325-481-2696
- MHMR Crises Line: 325-486-9292 24 hours a day
- Crisis Intervention Unit: 325-658-3921
- ASU Helpline at 325-486-6345. Help is available 24/7.
- 1501 W. Beauregard Ave.: 325-658-7750
- 424 S. Oakes St.: 325-653-5933
- 244 N. Magdalen St.: 325-658-7750
- MHMR Respite: 325-481-4382
- La Esperanza Health and Dental Centers: 325-658-5339
Attending college can be both exciting and a little unsettling. The Center for Counseling Services is available to help students take advantage of opportunities and deal with the challenges of college life. Students should call ahead for an appointment with a counselor unless it is an emergency.
Counselors can help with these issues:
- Depression and anxiety
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Relationship issues
- Adjustment problems
- Test anxiety
- Family problems
- Alcohol or substance abuse problems
- Stress management
- Other mental health
- Substance abuse
- Sexual health resources
Paying the Medical Services Fee grants ASU students access to all services offered through the Campus Clinic. All students attending ASU full time will pay the Medical Services Fee and will have access to all Clinic Services as described within this website.
Distance Learning Students are still able to pay the Medical Services Fee at the Student Accounts/Bursar’s Office and be granted full access to the services of the Clinic. Please do not go to the clinic to pay the Medical Services Fee, this is done at the Student Accounts/Bursar’s Office. When going to the Clinic, please have your receipt generated for paying the Medical Services Fee available (this will insure immediate service access).
- The Student Accounts/Bursar’s Office is located in the Mayer Administration Building. Phone number is 325-942-2008.
- View the campus map for details.
Please bring your ASU ID, an approved Texas state ID and your insurance card (if you have insurance) when checking in at the Clinic.