The Acquisitions/Serials Unit, a part of the Technical Services Department, coordinates and facilitates the selection, purchase and preservation of library materials in any format, and provides access to information needed to support the education and research mission of the University.
For more information about the Acquisitions Unit or assistance with online serials, please contact Jenny Hock, Head of Acquisitions and Serial Services, via email or by telephone at 325-486-6525.
- Ordering, claiming, receiving, preservation and payment of all library materials.
- Monitoring, coordinating, implementing and evaluating all collection-related activities.
- Serials check-in, control, organization and shelf preparation.
- Providing management and financial reports/statistics.
- Selecting and evaluating sources of supply.
- Organizing gift and exchange activities.
- Providing current awareness services.
Tools of the Trade:
- Foreign Exchange Rates
- Currency Converter
- JAS: Journal Abbreviation Sources
- EBSCO Subscription Services
- Choice Reviews Online