Government Documents and Maps
Documents in the Spotlight
As our nation moves to a new Presidential Administration it seems an appropriate time to feature Presidential papers and documents. These documents provide insight into the past and a convenient means to view current situations.
From Herbert Hoover through Barack Obama, these annual 2-volume compilations provide easy access to Presidential writings, addresses, and remarks. Electronic copies of the papers of Presidents George H.W. Bush through Barack H. Obama can be access online through the link above. Search RamCat for the complete list of available papers.
Keep up-to-date on recent Presidential activities. This weekly publication contains executive orders, The President’s Weekly Address, statements, letters, and more. For print copies, search RamCat or browse the AE 2.109: range of the U.S. Government Documents Collection in the library’s basement. Use the link above for online access.
- United States Government Information
- Texas Government Information
- Maps, Aerial Photographs, & Satellite Images
- Statistics & Data for Topics in Government Information
- Guides to Special Topics from Government Documents
- FDsys (Federal Digital System) (GPO’s official system of record)
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications (GPO’s online catalog)
- TRAIL: Texas Records and Information Locator
- Documents in the Spotlight (archives)
- Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP)
- More Information About Government Documents and Maps
Government Documents and Maps are part of the Reference Department of the Porter Henderson Library. The Collections are housed in a newly-remodeled corner of the Basement. The Library has been a selective depository for the Federal Depository Library Program since 1964 and a member of the Texas State Publications Depository Program since 1963. Budget cuts to the Texas State Library & Archives during the 2011 Legislative session, however, effectively ended the state publication program in July, 2011.
If you have questions regarding government publications or other government information, please contact Kim Wirth, Coordinator of Information Literacy/Research Librarian, at 325-486-6527, or Kimberly.Wirth@angelo.edu