Government Documents and Maps
Documents in the Spotlight
Military and Security Developments Involving the People’s Republic of China 2017
Recently released by the Department of Defense:
These annual reports are required by the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2000 and were amended in the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010.
The 2017 report includes: an executive summary along with its annual update on developments in China’s military strength, training, and activities. Also included are chapters on: understanding China’s strategy; force modernization goals and trends, resources for force modernization, force modernization for a Taiwan contingency; and U.S.-China Military-to-Military Contacts.
- United States Government Information
- Texas Government Information
- Texas State Agency Databases (Publicly searchable databases from agencies of the State of Texas)
- State Agency Databases
- Maps, Aerial Photographs, & Satellite Images
- Statistics & Data for Topics in Government Information
- Guides to Special Topics from Government Documents
- FDsys (Federal Digital System) (GPO’s official system of record)
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications (GPO’s online catalog)
- TRAIL: Texas Records and Information Locator
- Documents in the Spotlight (archives)
- Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP)
- FDLP Partnerships
- More Information About Government Documents and Maps
Government Documents and Maps are part of the Reference Department of the Porter Henderson Library. The Collections are housed in a newly-remodeled corner of the Basement. The Library has been a selective depository for the Federal Depository Library Program since 1964 and a member of the Texas State Publications Depository Program since 1963. Budget cuts to the Texas State Library & Archives during the 2011 Legislative session, however, effectively ended the state publication program in July, 2011.
If you have questions regarding government publications or other government information, please contact Kim Wirth, Coordinator of Information Literacy/Research Librarian, at 325-486-6527, or Kimberly.Wirth@angelo.edu