Friends of the Porter Henderson Library and West Texas Collection
ASU’s Friends of the Library strives to enhance the collections, services, programs and facilities of the Porter Henderson Library and the West Texas Collection. Members work with the library staff to promote the facilities and to assist in making the university’s library and archival resources more widely known, used and appreciated.
Goals and Vision of the Endowment
The Friends of the Library have established an endowment to help fund operations of the West Texas Collection. The endowment is meant to help:
- Research, procure and preserve the history of the area
- Obtain local histories and preserve collections from the residents who have populated the area
- Maintain and expand the genealogical holdings for further research
- Acquire exhibits, both traveling and permanent, displaying them appropriately and providing security for them
- Underwrite and develop a speakers series to share knowledge of West Texas history
- Secure a place to house the West Texas Collection for easier public access
We invite you to contribute to this endowment by joining the Friends of the Library.
As a Friend of the Library, you:
Provide Scholarships. Each spring and fall, the Friends present the Joe Bill Lee Scholarship to a deserving student employed by the Library or the West Texas Collection. Applications are available through the Library.
Support Exhibits. A variety of exhibits receive Friends sponsorship for display at both the library and West Texas Collection.
Help Students. During final exams at the end of each long semester, the Friends organization furnishes free coffee and cookies for students studying in the library.
Purchase Resources. Friends gifts help purchase books, archival materials and other needs for the library and West Texas Collection.
Provide Support to ROTC During the Veterans Vigil. Each fall during Veterans Day celebrations on campus, members of the Friends help support the ROTC Veterans Vigil by providing refreshments.
By becoming a Friend, you and your spouse can enjoy:
- Library borrowing privileges
- Interlibrary loan privileges
- Invitations to events sponsored by the Friends and/or library and WTC
November 9th, 2016
November 11th, 2016
March 21st, 2017