Family Weekend is held in September (Fall) and in February (Spring) where relatives of all Angelo State University students are invited to campus. Daylong activities with a wrap up with the Rams sports game.
- 2017 Ram Family Guide, your resource for everything families need to know about life at Angelo State.
- Academic Majors
- Campus Resources
- Campus Visitors
- How to Pay for College
- Information for Parents
- Site Map
- Student Handbook and University Catalogs
- Welcome Parents and Families
- First Semester Guide for Parents
Here are some recommended books and articles that may be helpful resources as your student transitions to college life.
- “Letting Go: A Parents’ Guide to Understanding College Years,” K. Coburn and M. Treeger (2009)
- “Don’t Tell Me What to Do, Just Send Money: The Essential Guide to the College Years,” Helen E. Johnson and Christine Schelhas-Miller (2011)
- “What to do when College is not the Best Time of Your Life,” David Leibow, M.D. (2010)
- “College Success: Advice for Parents of High School and College Students,” Bob Roth (2010)
- “Parents of College Student Survival Stories: What to Expect, What to Do, and What to Avoid,” Wendy David-Gaines (2010)
- “You’re on your own (But I’m Here If You Need Me) – Mentoring Your Child During the College Years,” Marjorie Savage (2003)
ASU Residential Students have the opportunity to receive bedding, towels and other linens through our partner company O.C.M. Parents can also participate in a program that will automatically send care packages to your student at designated times. For more information about purchasing linens or care packages, click the link below: